We are looking for a commercially astute, hard-working, self-motivated and highly organised Financial Controller to take full responsibility for all aspects of the company’s finances.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing team and to help shape and evolve the company as we grow.
* Establishing, managing and maintaining scaleable financial processes and systems.
* Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements and other core reports for company board meetings.
* Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
* Creating and producing reports on both the financial and non-financial performance of the business.
* Managing our fx exposure and maximising our fx gains.
* Overseeing our business analytics.
* Liaising with our auditors / statutory accountants to assist with the preparation of our year-end audited statutory accounts.
* Taking ownership of and evolving our sophisticated financial forecast model.
* Continual drive to support and improve cash generation, profit and margins through effective financial control and commercial acumen.
* Create and review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
* Create and monitor all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
* You will be a qualified accountant with 3+ years’ experience working as a Financial Controller.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Previous experience working for an equity backed or VC (and wants to work for one).
* Comfortable with establishing new processes/systems and rolling them out to the wider team to follow.
* Strong commercial acumen combined with a strong focus on accuracy and getting the detail right.
* Highly competent excel user.
* Confidence in liaising with senior management team and investors/board members.
* People skills essential to support and maintain the Finance function but also as a business partner with the rest of the team.
* Experience of management of team members and of designing the structure of a finance team, as well as hiring in the key members of that team.
* Experience in a Private Equity/Venture Capital backed company.
* In a perfect world it would be great if you have previous experience working for an ISP or SaaS business within both B2B and B2C markets. However, the right core skills and fit as outlined above are more important so we welcome applications from candidates who don’t have these.
* Organised, with great attention to detail.
* Able to work efficiently and quickly, under pressure, to a deadline.
* Entrepreneurial and commercial.
* A confident communicator.
* Interested in contributing to all aspects of the business, providing financial insight into e.g. marketing economics.
* Highly analytical.
* Passionate about getting the job done well.
* Resourceful – able to use your initiative to solve problems and still deliver within time and budgetary constraints.
* A good team player.
The job is based on a 37.5 hour per week.
34 Days Holiday including Bank Holidays.